Sunday, August 9, 2009

August Blues

I will not lie when I say things are looking bleak all around me.

First, the Sox have had a disastrous post-All Star break period.

Second, there is my obsession with health reform too.

So what do you do?

You try to keep things positive. It is helpful when others do it too.

Massarotti does something with his post about Terry Francona. I feel as though, regardless of how the season turns out, Francona still shows himself as a paragon of leadership.

Len Nichols at New America does something similar for health reform. He points to hope that compromises will emerge, and that we will have something comprehensive and bipartisan (although he cares more, rightly, about comprehensive rather than bipartisan).

As I have written before, sometimes redemption comes only after a long period of darkness.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah my birthday is in August, and I get the birthday blues...things I should have accomplished by this time in my life...things I've screwed up. Plus something totally out of left field always happens to me on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete